May 27, 2012

Q+A - revealed

   
   


How long have you and the boy been together and how did you meet? 
He & I have been together for 4 whole years. We recently had our anniversary. I met him at a local park while hanging with some friends. He was watching me for 3+ years but I never noticed him. You may read more here.

What made you decided to be a PA?
Actually, I have about 100 reasons why I decided to get myself in all of this mess. But it all began when I was 16 while stuck between a nurse and ultrasound tech when I realize the doctor I was seeing wasn't a doctor - he was a Physician Assistant. At the time I had no idea what they were but I was amazed and finally figured out what I was going to make of myself as well as of my life. From there I went off and began my journey at the age of 17. I was stuck between a doctor and a PA and ended up majoring in Biology then I switched back to PA. 

I chose this because it's demanding, rewarding, never ending and I'm always learning. The crazy environment, endless studying..... it's unexplainable unless you are there or have been. And honestly, it's the best decision I've made so far in my young life.

Have you ever been in Europe?
Not yet! :) There are so many places I want to visit in Europe! One day.. 

What's your favorite childhood memory?
I had tooo many to break down to one! I think all of which however were with my family or with people I really trust and love. 

What are you in school for? 
Physician Assistant. I am also going for my BAS in Health Sciences. You may read the 2nd question to learn more. 

Do you have plans to have any kids?
Ohh yes!! 

What camera do you use to click those wonderful pictures?
The weapon is an Canon Powershot SX130. I use Photoscape to edit and sometimes I use iPiccy. 

What's in your fridge right now? 
A lot of junk! [JK] Milk, water, apple juice, ice tea, butter, left overs, a bunch of dips and sauces (bbq, ranch, etc), cream cheese, coffee creamer, sour cream, lunch meat (ham, cheese, etc), soda (coke), cranberry juice, veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, etc), cheese sticks, onions, tomatoes, apple cider, homemade Gatorade, smoke fish, and a lot more. 

Have you ever met anyone famous? 
No.. actually yes.. well.. if you consider these 2 guys. The first was a muti-million artist from Europe with a minor strep throat. We made a home visit to his home which was literally a 5K+ square foot apartment that was looking over the ocean with big windows to view out of. I don't remember his name but he was German and had a accent. I also met a somewhat famous lawyer. He owns (with his father) the largest law office firm in South Florida. 

What do you do first thing in the morning?
Lay in bed for hours. I don't have the best sleep habits and I am not a morning person so go figure. 

Do you speak any languages?
Well, besides English (ha!) but I do understand Spanish pretty damn well [really is funny to hear people talk shit thinking I don't understand ;)] and I do understand German & Polish pretty damn well too.

Where do you live again? Is it Florida? 
Yep. South Florida. 

What's the best advice you've ever gotten?
Well, like the rest of us, I've been given a lot of advice but I think the few that have been the greatest were to succeed in life, live life and be yourself.

Where has been your favorite place to travel?
St. Augustine!

Do you have any advice for beginning photographers?
Email me (nicoleerlandson@gmail.com) and we'll start talking. I'm serious!!

Bold and fun ideas for this season.
Don't have much. Vacations, family, beach, the usual. Maybe build a pond.

What's the comfort food you go towards when you need a bit of a pick me up?
I have several for moods. One of my worse ones are when I am extremely extremely extremely depressed I tend to drink a lot. The top choice is bacon cheese burgers.

What's your favorite pie?
Is Cheesecake a pie? Ha! Umm.. Apple pie :)

What is/are your favorite television shows?
CSI, NCIS, Greys Anatomy, Cold Case, South Park, RENO 911, Bevis & Butt Head, Private Practice, ER, 1000 Ways to Die, Medical Mysterious, The Little Couple, Say Yes to the Dress, My Strange Addiction, A Conception Story, Rugrats, The Doctors, 20/20, Extreme Make Over Home Edition, Once Upon a Time, 60 Minutes, What Would You Do, 48 HR Mystery, Vegas, Royal Pains and few more. BTW, I never watch TV so I always miss every one of these shows but I do love them all! 

All time favorite movie?
Titanic. Honestly.. the best movie EVER. 
Pin It

23 comments:

  1. Lovely post Nicole. Tha sounds like a tough yet fun occupation. Sounds you are very passionate about it. Go for it girl. I'm actually living in Singapore. Aberdeen and the jumbo kingdom was from my recent HK visit in HK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answers, especially about your career choice. I can tell that you'll be wonderful at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the answers! I love that bf knew you for years before you knew him. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cheesecake, too, lol! I consider it a pie! Pumpkin would be next!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your post! So cool to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love love reading about your love story it is so sweet and romantic! i didn't know you were a PA! that is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If cheesecake counts as a pie, I'm right there with you!!! And would you believe that I saw Titanic for the first time ever last year?
    I'm awful, I know.
    These were fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nicole, I love Titanic too:-)

    Warm regards

    Orianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore posts like this, you get to know the blogger behind the block so much better. Especially is a random way! And building a pond? That sounds like a big project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute post, Yumm...bacon cheeseburgers, definitely a weakness.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea! I learned a lot about you!
    And I don't really like fake fruit stuff so I always pick chocolate pie or cheesecake as my pie. =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice to learn these things about you! and haha I liked Titanic too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, thanks for posting your answers Nicole, it's great getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so great how you definitely know what you want to do career wise, and that you're passionate about it as well! A very fortunate thing too, since a lot of people find it hard to figure out what they really want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed reading your answers! I used a Canon Powershot for the longest time, before a little birdie gifted me (really!) the DSLR I'm using now. I recommend them to everyone! SUCH a good camera. And, I have to say that I really admire you the field of work you're going into! I couldn't do it... but someone has to. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. 4 whole years? Wow :) Way you both go a long long way.
    This was a nice insight about you and your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love q&as! and i love titanic (cry like a baby every time). and i am very curious now about homemade gatorade...i think we need to see a recipe on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing! Canon Powershot was my first camera and was what got me interested in photography. I love the double effect in the second to last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cheese cake is totally a pie. A cheese pie. :)

    And bacon cheeseburgers are my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love getting to know bloggers better. These Q&As are great for that.


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  21. you got lots of questions! i got like 2 on mine, lol.

    ReplyDelete