May 14, 2012

On my heart - Mama, Papa & Grandma


Fair - 2010
I love that woman. She's raised me, held my hand, give me strength, took my side, defended me and gave me courage. She has listened to me, forgiven me, accepted me, misunderstood me then understood me, cherished me, seek for me, never lost hope in me and adored me like no other - I love her. I tell her often, give her big hugs and appreciate every bit of her and what she does. We laugh at the dumbest things, enjoy the simplest things, educate each other, complain to each other about things and give each other advice. Smartest damn woman and the strongest (read here) I know. I could go on and on forever. I am proud to be her daughter and to be much like her. To be strong, to be knowledgeable, to be in existence, to be able to fulfill all my desires thanks to her. Hear me out here: I am not saying I have the best mom in the world however appreciate your mama as no other woman would have done all that has been done for you. I'm her girl and she's my ma. Her only girl and my only ma. Love yah' ma. Happy Mothers Day.


2 days old
Today just so happens to be my Dad's birthday. He's another one that I love deeply. Actually, I love my parents equally. But my dad is my dad. That other man. (Besides my big bro, Matt & my grandfather). The guy who reeled in fish from the lake and handed the pole to his daughter and congratulated her for catching it as he hated to see his little girl cry as she couldn't catch any fish herself. The guy who walks around in his underwear because he hates wearing shorts. The guy who has caught 20+ Sail Fish to date. The guy who has worked 15 hour days for his family. The guy who put's on a hunt around the house for his daughter birthday to find her present. The big o' mama's boy. I love this guy. No one out there is like him. No other man in the world has done what he has done for me, my mother, his step son or his family. No one. I'm his other girl, actually. But I'm his only biologically girl. Love yah' Dad and Happy Birthday. 


To Grandma; I honestly have no idea how in the world you have put up with all 30+ of us for the past 50+ years of your 78 year old life. I would have shot myself. You're the best. 


Mother's Day - 2012
[Of course, there are more photo's. But I can't share everything with you all]



Screenshot of mommy's homemade card







 

Mothers (parents over all) put up such a sacrifice for their kids so selflessly and want only love, respect and the best for their kids in return (and, of course, to make them proud). I went out for several walks to capture pictures, explore and so forth. I tend to 'watch others' so I glanced carelessly often at other families sitting on picnic tables under tree's or swimming and laughing in the water. I went along and then got a little sad. 

I wish I could return the favor to my parents. They've just have done so much.

My whole family has for all of us. We all sacrifice ourselves for each other. But, with the career I am in (Medicine), I simply cannot offer as much as I anticipated 5 years ago. I am awfully yet shamelessly young to be at the current academic status that I am in (average age is 25-32). [Don't get me wrong.. this is 100% okay, however..] I just wish I could buy that car for them or send them on that vacation sooner. 

I guess that is price you pay when you strive, sacrifice, care and love your family (especially your parents) a little too much. I guess that is the price you must pay when you sacrifice yourself so much. More than half of the time I am proud of who I am, where I am going and what I have already succeed. But times like this I tend to just sit back and take all in and question myself...... "Is this all really worth it? All of this selfishness and sacrifices? Is this all really worth it in the end?" Damn you second thoughts. 

At least they understand so I am thankful for that. They appreciated the little gifts I had to offer yesterday. To them my feelings, schooling, safety, photographs, friends, art, and more are more important than the price behind or items of a few shirts, DVD Player and Shower Gel Set.

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day.
Pin It

30 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole, you have a wonderful family:-)

    Orianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, this is one of the most touching 'Mothers Day' posts I've read over the past few days. So real. So touching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful words written for your mother and father. I hope they both had a good day! The photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your whole family sounds like the best :) Your stories made me smile ! Cute photos aswell.

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful photos, I love the one of you as a baby.xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post- Happy Mother's Day to your mom! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love homeade cards! I usually do mine with scrapbooking materials :) yours looks so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a beautiful post <3
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pictures, they're so versatile! It looks like you have such an amazing family :D

    http://www.101fashionstreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. of course your parents appreciate the little things. Im sure they know how much they mean to you!

    Love your card!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is seriously the sweetest mother's day/dad's b-day/grandma post i've EVER seen!!

    i have the sudden urge to call my momma right now haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. being proud of who you are and living a full and happy life is payback enough for any parent. you see to be doing a great job of that! happy mother's day to your mom and happy birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was beautifully written, Nicole. It sounds like you've got an amazing supoort system behind you, and that you'd do the same for them given the opportunity. That's what family is all about.

    Beautiful photos, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so sweet reading about the relationship with your family

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish my parents were like that. It made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet post, love the card you made for your mom! Hope your dad had a wonderful birthday.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE this post -- everything about it -- SO sweet :) You may have made me cry just a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this post.
    I think you put it so beautifully when you say... "I would have shot myself."
    HAHA! Sorry, I just had to laugh at that one!
    Seriously, though - great post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love this post Nicole, thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok so this gave me a big lump in my throat.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My mom isn't perfect either but she's such a gem and I've learned over the years to fully appreciate all she is rather than isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  22. 2 days old?! so cute! and trust me ... you do return the favor. every single day. for being you and for loving your parents. it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You wrote such beautiful things about your family. I am so glad that you shared.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful post dear. Very emotive. Happy mothers day to your lovely mum ❤

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the three series of pictures! You are so creative! Hope you get all of your stuff figured out! As long as you still put your best foot forward- you can be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like you had a great mother's day :) Happy birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great tribute to your family- sounds like a lot of love going on!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely post. And I am sure that your parents are so proud of everything that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely photos! <3 thats good you enjoyed mothers day! <33


    There is a giveaway on my blog if you would like to enter! :D

    My Fashion Blog: Strawberriespls | Shop My Closet

    ReplyDelete