May 18, 2012

On my heart - Self Image

Sometimes I hop on Yahoo Answers to ask a question and give a few answers. You can read many funny questions along with answers or find an answer to your question! About 4 months ago I came across this question


Who ever she was appeared to me young and innocent so I couldn't pass on her question. Here was my response 

[Please excuse the terrible grammar!! At least it made sense - ha!]

I felt really good after leaving her this comment and even better after she appreciated it. 

Here is what I have to say from the heart.

I'm not the tallest but that is okay. There will always be girls who are taller than me. I shouldn't feel less of myself because of this. And when I do come across someone who is shorter I shouldn't feel superior.

I don't have the longest or thickest hair that stays shinny, clean, un-frizzy or straight. But I do have long thick hair that shines in the sun and is wavy that isn't always perfect but is manageable and is perfect in it's own way. 

I don't have big breast like other women but that is okay. I wouldn't look right with bigger breast. My boobs fit me fine. I don't feel less of myself because of other woman who have big boobs and they show them off [not all women]. There is a thing called self respect. 

I am smaller on top but bigger around the waist and I have bigger thighs. It's genetics. I have a big butt. I am aware of this. But I don't feel less of myself of others who say 'I'm thick' or fat because I am not a size 0-6. I'm between 8-12 and okay with that. I am the way I am and I am thicker on the button. I'm not 'fat' at all. Everyone has opinions. 

I have really chubby cheeks and high cheek bones and I am okay with this.

My arms, face and legs are darker toned then my waist and butt, but who cares? The only person who see's me naked is Matthew (and sometimes my mama), no one else does. Honestly he doesn't care and no do I.

I think that all women (and men) need to understand that in the end you are who you are and no one can change that. You are here and you are very special because of that.

In your life time thousands will welcome you and beyond thousands will not. How you view yourself is what is important. Don't impress others who are not worth your time (unless of course for a job interview, college acceptance or for an contest). Accept who you are, you are good enough. If there are those around you who are making you feel less than enough then maybe you should reconsider. We don't just feel less of from nothing - something or someone has had to cause it.

I've learned that not everyone is looking at your flaws. We see our flaws and assume everyone else see's them the same way you do. Depending on the flaw, it might be more noticeable but that doesn't mean everyone has an negative approach to it. Not everyone is analyzing the fact that you might be super tall, overweight, underweight, etc. But there are those who do. And for those that do maybe they have such a poor self image of themselves that they compare and judge themselves to others.

Confidence is a beautiful thing. Being real, yourself and different is a beautiful, beautiful thing. As I told the girl, carry yourself high and remain strong. Don't worry about what other's think. Strive to be your best. You are no one else. 
Pin It

23 comments:

  1. wow this is a beautiful post!
    i think that flaws make people interesting and unique. without flaws, you wouldn't be human and you would be the most boring person :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a great girl Nicole:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was just a beautiful, well-written, much-needed post. I have so many body issues but reading this made me feel silly for even having them! I just need to focus on the good and accept my body for the wonderful thing it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful post! it was so nice of you to take the time to help that girl. your words were so kind and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Nicole. What a beautiful post!!! Thank you so much for sharing this. Your words to her were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful words. Why can't we get this in our heads?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you little sweet inspiring posts <3
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is probably one of the most beautiful posts i've ever read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well said! Confidence is beauty. I am sad it took me so long to figure that out. I love your words, so,so true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happiness and confidence are the greatest qualities! They make a girl so much prettier than makeup and clothes! This is such a sweet post!
    -Anna
    asweetsouthernmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always kinda wondered who answers those questions! Your response is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happiness and confidence are the best qualities, I wish I had more of both LOL Very sweet post!xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very inspiring post, Nicole! It takes time to understand our own beauty and recognize it as that. I can sit and point out every feature I don't like- but if I were to change everything, I'd look like a completely different person. We need to all love ourselves more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great post. I think confidence is so attractive. We all struggle with insecurities, but I want to at least strive for confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really beautiful Nicole, and such an important message. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was super sweet of you. It's hard to get thru to kids that age sometimes, but hopefully the more we reinforce the fact that they are fine the way they are, they will believe it.

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely post! This is so inspiring! Thanks!!

    x Aliya
    www.hillsidestory.net
    Shabby Apple $50 Giftcard Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, these are all such good points! I really loved this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The reason I'm starting to do more outfit posts is to get more confidence... hopefully that'll help.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ya I agree with you. it's all about confidence! I wish I was taller sometimes but that's not something that will happen to me, so I've learned to just accept it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish I could accept myself more. I've done much better over the years, but given the option of a nose job, I'd gladly accept.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This was such a sweet post. That was so kind of you to post that response to that girls question. I constantly struggle to accept me for me, but with age it has become easier. We are all unique and that in itself is a beautiful thing :]

    ReplyDelete
  23. YOu got it girl! AND God created you perfectly in your mother's womb so you are BEAUTIFUL we all are, we can't rip on God's creation, our flaws are our perfection.

    Thanks for sharing your heart Nicole!

    ReplyDelete