May 3, 2012

Michelle @ On The Adventure - Guest Post

I am excited today to bring you Michelle! We swapped a little questionnaire about ourselves. You may check out my answers over at her blog here. I love her attitude towards life and you will love it too! Have a great weekend everyone!

Hello there sweet readers of Nicole Marie. I am so seriously pumped to be swapping posts with Nicole today and to spend some time over here! I'm Michelle and I blog in a little corner of the Internet called On The Adventure. Nicole is posting over there today, so stop by and tell her hello! And while you're there, stay a while, I'd love to be best blog friends.

We thought it would be fun to answer a few questions about ourselves so that you can get to know us a little better. So, without further ado!



Who are you?
I'm Michelle, a free spirit, a wandering soul, an adventurer. I have a serious love for life and all of the beautiful moments that take place each day. They may be small, they may seem ordinary, and they may be sneaky and disguised like everyday moments... but they are beautiful. Each day is filled with inspiring, stunning, and make you catch your breath moments. Life is an adventure and it is our sweet gift that we have the opportunity to live it!

Why do you blog?
Blogging has been one of the greatest. most rad. seriously awesome. things I've ever done. I originally started blogging to join a community that I for so long only read about. I so envied the sweet lives, relationships, and adventures of all the bloggers I followed and decided to do something about it! I created On The Adventure almost a year ago and it has turned into so. much. more. than that. I can't explain how wonderful the ladies I have met through blogging are and the support, joy, and sweet friendship I have gained from knowing them!

What hobbies do you enjoy?
Is being a graduate student a hobby? Haha just kidding. But really. Aside from being buried in books I rock climb. At first I was so intimidated by the other climbers at the gym. I had to just, you know, GET OVER IT, and it became my most favorite thing. I'm not big on exercise and rock climbing is the best way to have fun and get a work out. And let's be real, who doesn't love that?

What artist can you not stop listening to? 
I have been on a The Lumineers kick as of late. If you don't listen to them... well I've been nice and posted a video below! I tend to listen to indie/folk/anything with a good acoustic guitar. The Lumineers are relatively new on the scene and I'm telling you, I just can't get enough. At all.





What inspires you?
Oh sweet goodness, almost everything. I am constantly inspired by the everyday, by the people I interact with, by the genuine good in strangers. A particularly joyful barista at 6 in the morning, or the person waiting it out at the DMV next to you who offers you a stick of gum. It doesn't take much to have an impact on those around you, and I find that to be seriously inspiring.

Whats the best advice you have for bloggers?
I am most certainly not a blogging pro, but I have picked up a few helpful tricks along the way. One of the biggest things I would tell new bloggers is: just be yourself and don't worry what others think. This community is so full of love, acceptance, and support that they will be behind you no. matter. what. Also, don't feel like you have to fake it to be well liked in the blog world. We just want to get to know you. The REAL you. Don't stress out about having the most exciting posts, the cutest outfits, or the wisest words. Blogging is about being yourself and that's the best thing you can be!

Oh friends, it has been so seriously fun swapping posts with Nicole today! Thank you again, sweet friend, for the chance to camp out over here today, it's been the best!
Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle , nice to meet you:-)

    The Lumineers are great!

    ~Orianne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Michelle and what a great post! You sound so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I agree that the blogging world is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogland rocks!!!
    And I love the advice about not faking it - I feel like more people need to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so great and loved your post over on the other side, Nicole. awesome swappers. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a great way to get to know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to get into rock climbing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. not worrying what ppl think is my biggest struggle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rock climbing sounds like a great way to get a work out because I seriously hate running. So nice meeting you Michelle.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing Michelle with us today! loved reading this interview.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Michelle! And I totally agree that blogging is the best, most awesome thing ever. Loveeee it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Michelle! It is very nice to get to know you - and I cannot wait to come visit your corner of the internet :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was really nice :)

    I love the pictures on the sides of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice post:)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is so cute, I've visited her blog several times before. Aren't guest swaps so fun! :)

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post! And your advice for bloggers is so sweet and sincere! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Michelle! Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete